The Dragon Hotel offers sports and remedial massage. Tara Hammett is a fully qualified Sports & Remedial Massage Therapist and Personal Trainer.
Cost of sports massage:
- From £28.00 (first treatment includes consultation)
What is Sports/Remedial Massage?
A technique that focuses on the deep layers of muscle tissue, to release chronic patterns of tension in the body, using various pressures, gliding strokes and kneading movements to manipulate soft tissue.
Who Would Benefit?
You do not have to be involved in sports to benefit. The build up of general muscular stress and tension and postural issues can be treated. Aids the prevention of sports injuries and assists the body to repair and heal after any sustained injuries.
Some Possible Benefits
Improves blood circulation, aids in decongestion of lactic acid and waste products stored in soft tissue. Speeds up healing of stressed or damaged muscles.
What Is Involved?
Massage is carried out while lying on a massage couch. A series of assisted stretching techniques are also incorporated in the treatment to improve flexibility and decrease tension within the muscles.
Although relaxing and soothing, it can be vigorous. Some muscle soreness can occur 24 – 48 hours after treatment.
Is It Right For Me?
There are times when Sports Massage is not suitable:-
- Body temperature over 100 degrees
- Feeling unwell or viral infection
- Acute traumas – muscle, ligament injuries, bruising (pre 72 hours)
- Open wounds, skin infections, cancer thrombosis
- Varicose veins (work above area)
- Hypertension (need clearance from doctor)
- Diabetes (massage has same effect as exercising)
For further information on sports massage or to book an appointment ( appointments are limited and must be booked a few days in advance) call The Healthclub Direct on 01792 657111