Clyne Golf Club
At the gateway to the spectacular Gower Peninsula lies Clyne Golf Club, with its course commanding wonderful views in all directions. It overlooks Swansea & Mumbles to the east, the Bristol Channel to the south, the Black Mountains & Brecon Beacons to the north and the commanding heights of Gower’s Cefn Bryn to the west.
The Club was founded in January 1920. The planning, designing and layout of the course were entrusted to Messrs H.S.Colt & Harries, the leading golf architects of the day. The original layout established all the important features and it is to the credit of the architects, that the course has remained virtually unchanged to this day.
The course is laid out on the high ground of Clyne Common and the turf is of moorland type. There are many natural hazards, apart from the large number of bunkers. Gorse & bracken grow in profusion. The course consists of 2 separate loops of 9 holes with no crossing, and a minimum of conjestion. The 1st & 10th tees and the 9th & 18th greens are conveniently situated in front of the Clubhouse.
Practice facilities are arguably unrivalled consisting of a 300 yard long practice area with 6 target greens, a putting green, a chipping green, outdoor nets, & indoor nets with video analysis operated by the resident Professional. A recent inovation sees 6 new electric buggies being introduced for hire.
An excellent course presenting a golfing challenge to both experienced and less experienced golfers.
For more information on Clyne Golf Club click here