How often have you left things behind after staying in a hotel? There are some things that are very commonly left behind, such as mobile phone chargers and odd bits of makeup. But we’re not here to talk to you about ordinary things left at the Dragon Hotel, oh no!
Here are some of the strangest items our housekeepers have come across:
- Pat Sharp wig – quite why anybody would want to wear a wig that looks exactly like Pat Sharp’s mullet is beyond us, but how they could possibly leave it behind is even more of a mystery. Feeling quite sorry for the abandoned hair, we adopted it and even forced a hen to wear it on her hen weekend to Nice!
- Blow up dolls – the amount of inflatable sex toys and genitalia we come across is rather shocking, but then we do cater to a lot of hen parties and stag nights! Opening the wardrobe to be pounced on by a blow up doll is not uncommon in a normal day of housekeeping.
- Blow up sheep – ah yes, the old you’re Welsh you must love sheep joke. We aren’t surprised at all that this was left behind, nobody wants to go home hungover with a sheep under their arm. Don’t worry, it’s in good hands now!
- One shoe – this one really upset us. Such a beautiful shoe and now the pair is ruined. We’re hoping that whoever left this lonely shoe behind had another pair and didn’t just hobble out the door with one shoe on.
- Feather dusters – we’re still not entirely sure whether people with obsessive compulsive cleaning disorder are staying in our hotels or if it’s just hens who want a bit of slap and tickle. These are probably one of our most common left-behind hen party items, we’re thinking about creating a museum dedicated to them!
- Fancy dress costumes – from cave girls to Prince Philip and the Queen, we’ve had it all. Dozens of fancy dress costumes get left behind every year, with such a range of varieties and sizes. It is always fun to go into a room to clean and find half a dinosaur spread out and abandoned on the floor.
- Robin (sans Batman) – this has been our all-time favourite costume that was left behind. Either somebody decided to go out on their own to fight crime, or Batman cut and run forcing Robin to make a hasty, no-time-for-clothes escape. More than likely though, this was just someone from a stag do with a head too sore to think straight the morning after.
- A giant box – how it got there, we don’t know. What it was for, we don’t know. What did we do with it? One of our housekeeping pranksters climbed in and hid in the box then jumped out and gave the other housekeepers a real fright!
We try our best to reunite our customers with their lost belongings, so if you find that you’ve left anything behind then give us a ring and we’ll rummage around in our lost property box for you.